Saturday, December 08, 2007

Last temp tango

Well I haven’t blogged for ages but that’s not, er, really unusual for me. However, I did have high hopes for this month. After attempting National Novel Writing Month, (I got to 9000 words rather than 50000 but still my heart was there) I decided that December would be my National Blog Writing Month. That actually hasn’t happened yet but I’m going to make a start from today, and keep posting daily to 8 January.

So a quick update – after 3 years of temping hell (Addecco, Pertemps, Hays I’ve had them all) I now start a fixed term job on Monday. I’m so temp institutionalised that I can’t get round the idea that I’ll get a salary – that I won’t have to do a timesheet every week feels very strange. Plus I have a pension, sick pay, holiday pay, and money off at the gym. Hurrah!

What else? Still no whisker of a love life but I did finally break my 18 month ‘no relations’ spell with an old friend from university. To be honest , there aren’t many gentleman callers on the scene but I can see some possibilities.

So I’ve just been hanging out, going to the cinema, reading, and clubbing at Edinburgh’s new gay club GHQ. Edinburgh’s gay scene is small so it was about time for a new venue. GHQ is swanky, and big but still lacks something. It still hasn’t settled in and the music policy seems to be playing Britney Spears ‘Gimmie More’ in several different versions several times.

Blog wise I’ve still been enjoying my craft blogs, and I was so inspired that I made a small yellow bag. Although using easy webbing instead of sewing together probably wasn’t the best idea. I’ve also been enjoying book blogs. Dovegreyreader – a nurse by day, and a voracious reader at night and at the weekend is fascinating. I’m always impressed by how many books she can read (she has 6 on the go at all times) and can read any style, and any book from any time or country. I’m also secretly jealous of all the free books she gets – ooh I love a free book.

God, this entry is dragging so I’ll finish it up. But as we are getting nearer to Christmas – I’ll ask ‘What would you like for Christmas this year?’

No comments: